Friday 29 July 2011

Activity 9: Podcasting

I do enjoy learning where these words come from. Podcasting...Personal On Demand casting. I have listened to some lectures via podcast over the last years. I didn't enjoy them so much, as I feel I learn better with visual content. I did learn that Podcasts can in fact be both audio and video format. I guess the main thing is that they can be accessed at any time, which is definitely an advantage. Accessing a video of a lecture would use much more download than just an audio recording.
I was quite excited to find Richard Fidler's interviews on the ABCs podcasts. I rarely get to hear him, but love it when I do. Now I know where to find them. Guess I'll now have to learn how to download them onto an ipod (have to borrow one off Arnold...better still get my own), and listen to them while driving.
Suggestions for in the library setting: Podcasts of storytime sessions for those who missed one, or for those who can't attend, Podcasts of historical recounts, or even just Library news.

No comments:

Post a Comment