Friday 5 August 2011

Activity 13: Refreshing the blog

So I have revisited what is possible via blogger, and changed a few things (the colour and font of the title, and font of the description). I looked at other templates, but decided to keep my book shelves template, as I really like it, and books are still relevant to the topic of libraries, despite the prevalence of digital/online everything. I also learnt that blogs can have up to 100 authors (for blogger anyhow), and a blog can be read by anyone, people I choose, or only blog authors. I also became more aware of other settings and what they achieve, such as how the archives can be sorted.
As I'm not following a weekly timetable for this program, I can't really comment on how much I've blogged since the 2.0 course, as I only just completed activity 12 an hour or so ago.
I guess JoBlogsWeb2 is a form of 'Life blogging' (which is reality blogging), in that it records my progression through this program. I like the informality of it, and how such informality can make a blog appealing to a large audience.
So far I haven't commented on others blogs, partly because lots of them were created quite a while ago, and I'm not sure that the authors would be checking them now for comments. However I did notice in the feedback form that participants do like comments, so....when I do come across a blog that seems to be current, I will comment on it from now on. Mylee provided the only comment on my blog so far, and I did like getting a comment. Thanks Mylee.

No comments:

Post a Comment